ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414442 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs: AbstractJarSignerTask.java ExecTask.java Javac.java Javadoc.java TempFile.java Touch.java XSLTProcess.java
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:26:05 GMT
On 6/14/06, kevj@apache.org <kevj@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: kevj
> Log: use fileutils.resolveFile
> + private static final FileUtils FILE_UTILS = FileUtils.getFileUtils();
> -  File keystoreFile = getProject().resolveFile(keystore);
> + File keystoreFile = FILE_UTILS.resolveFile(getProject().getBaseDir(), keystore);

Hmmm, I'm sorry, but I don't like these changes...

Sprinkling static FILE_UTILS references in many classes that already
have references to project, which has always been the "proper" mean to
resolve a file, is not a desirable change IMHO.

Just use a FILE_UTILS in Project.java once and for all, and be done
with it, no? getProject().resolveFile(string) reads better, and has
always been the "canonical" way to resolve a file to me.

If other are in favor of your changes, i'd be happy to read the
arguments for it, but otherwise I'm kinda -1 on this ;-) Thanks, --DD