ant-dev mailing list archives

From jay hawk <voipoph...@yahoo.com>
Subject append functionality for copy task
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:56:22 GMT
I was wondering if the ant development team has considered append  semantics for the copy task.
I had a need to be able to write files  compiled from multiple fragments. I made some changes
to 1.6.5 to try  this, and the changes were simple and minor. I added an attribute  "append"
to the copy task, which when set to "true" would cause the  target file to be opened in append
mode. Would there be any interest  for this? I have attached the patched files (from 1.6.5)
for reference  if anyone is interested in looking or commenting.