ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Re: pgp key for signing files
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:52:38 GMT

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:40:12 +0100
> Von: Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
> An: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: pgp key for signing files
>
> We can't sign the binaries themselves, as java suddenly changes into
> secure mode when that happens.

Hello Steve,

what we do sign using PGP are the .tar.bz2, .tar.gz and .zip files which constitute the binary
distribution. This is something different from signing a jar. The individual ant jars are
not signed by Java means.

> We also need to look at the release docs to see if it covers
> distribution to the maven repository.

Does this directory [1] have something to do with Maven ?
There are instructions to populate it in the release instructions [2].

In any case I would be curious to know what is the use of this java-repository.

Regards,

Antoine

[1]http://archive.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ant/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/ReleaseInstructions?revision=278300&view=markup