ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: pgp key for signing files
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:33:31 GMT
Hello Kev,
I do not know *all* the available options.

What I did is that I downloaded Gnu PG (www.gnupg.org), installed it on my computer, generated
myself a key. The public part of the key you have to add at the end of a file called KEYS
which is in svn and lists the public keys of the ant committers.

How to publish your key to a key server I do not remember. I think I uploaded my public key
to a key server, but do not remember off hand how it is called.

You can use GPG to sign the ant binaries and also to sign (or to encrypt) emails. In the release
procedure, there are some emails which have to be signed too. Thunderbird has a plugin (Enigmail)
which can work with GPG.

Regards,

Antoine