ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pgp key for signing files
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 00:02:55 GMT

On 6 Jun 2006, at 01:50, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jun 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> How to publish your key to a key server I do not remember. I think I
>> uploaded my public key to a key server, but do not remember off hand
>> how it is called.
>
> I prefer http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/ but there are tons of alternatives.

I was going to use this option as it was mentioned on the Apache FAQ
re signing, and I read elsewhere (perhaps GPG home page?) about it
too - it seems to be a well established key server.

> Another thing is that it would be good to have signatures on your
> key.  Kev, do you live close enough to anybody of the Ant or any other
> Apache community to get you key properly signed (most people will
> require some sort of photo-id in a face-to-face meeting in order to
> sign your key - thouzgh there may be alternatives).

Well I'm currently in Vietnam, so I guess that no I'm not near enough
to anyone (most here seem to be European folks, with 1 or 2 USians)
to have a face-to-face to prove my id!  I may have a business trip to
Taiwan at some point in the next few weeks - but not before the end
of the world cup.

I've never done this whole pgp thing before, and reading the gpg home
page makes it seem partly simple (gen keys) and partly extremely
complicated (signing).  Fortunately OSX seems to come with gpg
installed, unfortunately it's the complicated signing part that I've
still not fully understood (I get it conceptually, but I think the
explanation ont'web is confusing me more than anything).

Thanks
Kev

--
"To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed,
legislated..." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon