ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hayden Melton <hmel...@ec.auckland.ac.nz>
Subject Structure of Ant (OO Design)
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:16:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am a PhD student at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. As part of my
research I have performed an empirical study on a large corpus of open-source
Java software. Several of the applications in the corpus (Ant, Tomcat, JMeter,
POI) are from the Apache Software Foundation. If you are a developer of Ant you
might be interested to know that there are 117 source files all involved in a
big dependency cycle (Strongly connected component). Other applications like
Azureus, Soot and ArgoUML have strongly connected components involving ~1000
classes. In any case, a comparison of Ant to all the other applications in the
corpus is available on my webpage:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hayden/corpus.htm

The page also contains a graph that shows the evolution of dependencies through
around 10 versions of Ant, starting at Ant-1.1.

/
Hayden Melton