ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 release
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 03:57:18 GMT

Hi all,

I'm not confirming yet to be release manager, but I'm preparing a
build environment with all libs etc - so I'm edging my hat into the ring

> you need the libs for all the optional tasks described in the section
> "installing ant" of the manual.

I have all the latest libs as described in this section, but I still
can't get a completely clean compile of the following (from within
eclipse)

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XalanLiason
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.Xalan1Executor

packages:
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ejb
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.starteam
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.scm

> the way to check that you have all the libs is to make a full build
> and
> check that all the ant-* jar files have built and are not manifest
> only.
>
> the only lib which belongs to a product without an open source license
> is weblogic.

Which tasks require this weblogic.jar? I'm getting quite a clean
build here without it and I can't see where it's required.

> I can help you regarding this one if you like.
>
> Concerning the system, any operating system is good.

Well my main (currently only personal) machine is an ageing G4
powerbook - OSX 10.4 with Java5 (apple supplied, also have JDK1.3/1.4
available).  I have a nice OpenBSD3.9 box in the office here and
obviously I have access to WindowsXP sp2 machines too, so I can
potentially test a build on 3 envs, although realistically I'd only
build it under my main machine as the others are not setup as dev boxes.

> I built Ant 1.6 under Windows 2000 with a Sun JDK 1.4, all in one go.
>
> It looks like that Ant 1.7 has classes which require to be built under
> JDK 1.5.

Well I can certainly build a test release on my main machine if I can
get all the required jars - my plan is to create a release-test build/
dist today and upload to my apache space if all goes well.

Thanks for the info so far
Kev

--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -