ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scp is this possible?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 11:41:09 GMT

> ah the joy of a world where the ops team doesnt trust the developers.
> Which is why I'm hosting my current endpoint on a laptop at home -I am
> the ops team.

In this case it's more like, the joys of being told to do the
impossible (use http to transfer log files from servers running on the
network as it's the only 'sanctioned' protocol, unfortunately you
aren't allowed to install anything that can respond to a http get/post
request on said servers... (can you see where this is going yet)

ssh is the compromise when they realised that what they wanted first
time around was impossible

> > 1 - is it possible to use scp task with a fileset in this manner (ie
> > filter files on remote server before pulling back)
>
> Not according to the docs; filesets are for local stuff only.
>
> Maybe its time to add more features to scp.

If it's not currently possible, I suppose that's one way to achieve it

> > 2 - any work arounds if it's impossible
>
> rsync.

[sigh] I wish they'd allow me some freedom to build this when they
want it next week.

Kev