ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: ComponentHelper replacement
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 02:29:03 GMT
Wolfgang Häfelinger <whaefelinger@epo.org> wrote on 05/26/2006 04:49:05
AM:

> >> My preference is to improve Ant's API.
>
> I  would  like  to  see  Ant  evolving in such a way allowing
> me to implement a framework like Maven on top of it.

Like Maven in what way?

At IBM we've built a vast set of Ant extensions that provide many of the
same concepts that Maven provides, and managed to do it using the Ant APIs
as they are. What is lacking that you need?

> I think it would be pretty cool to implement tasks (i.e. macros
> with a "native" implementation)  in  other languages as well (I
> would love to see Python supported).

IIRC <scriptdef> will let you implement tasks in any language BSF allows.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development
WAS Pyxis Lead Release Engineer