ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Scp is this possible?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 10:10:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm messing with a hideous integration project and part of the
requirements involve aggregating log files from servers via a web
interface.  I'm using ant's scp task to try and grab the log files (as
we are not allowed to install anything on the servers).

What I want to do is to use a fileset to filter the log files *before*
pulling them back to the aggregation server.  I thought that this was
possible as scp takes a fileset which can use different selectors

ie

    <scp localToDir="${basedir}" trust="true">
            <fileset
dir="weblogic:weblogic@172.16.1.15:/home/weblogic/logs" includes="*.log" />
        </scp>

Ok this is obviously not a realistic example as I can simply use a
wildcard in the file attribute to achive this, but my real use case
involves filtering the logs based on from/to dates - I thought the new
TimeComparison stuff would be perfect for this, but I cannot get scp to
work with todir set to a normal path, it always wants
user:password@host:/path, which isn't what I want.

So basically two questions:

1 - is it possible to use scp task with a fileset in this manner (ie
filter files on remote server before pulling back)

2 - any work arounds if it's impossible

Thanks
Kev