ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: AW: Antlib alias?
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 07:31:30 GMT

>And you would end in an build file like
>
><project xmlns:my="...">
>   <my:my_task/>
>   <echo/>
>   <my:t/>
>   <my:task1/>
></project>
>

>I wouldnt think that this a desired goal...

I can see that this may be thought of as a problem, especially if people
wrote build files using both aliases and names.

IMHO I think it's valuable to allow the users a choice, so long as
everything is documented - is it really a problem?
I can even see it as a case of two different philosophies over how to
write an API/interface 'minimum' or 'humane' [1]

>If you _really_ want to have that, you could use <presetdef> for
>abbreviations, too.

Thanks I'll look at presetdef

Kev

[1]http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/HumaneInterface.html