ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: ComponentHelper replacement
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:45:54 GMT
> However, it is possible to isolate Ant
> idiosyncrasies as an implementation concern providing one can establish a
> viable project model.

I've long thought Ant needed a more rigorous model exposed to Java
clients and extension builders. However, I don't think what I had in
mind was quite as ambitious as what you describe. It's not easy to
evolve Ant in such a way, and attempts at starting from scratch failed
(Ant: myrmidon and mutant), not from lack of quality, but from lack of
community support.

Maven (1 or 2) may indeed be closer to your thinking.

> I.e. perhaps Dominique's suggestion on the money?

You meant Wolfgang, no? ;-) --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message