ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by KenMcKnight
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:44:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KenMcKnight:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies

  Use the uptodate task and a "timestamp file" (this could even be the ServiceVersion.java
file itself) to determine whether any of the generated .class files (excluding ServiceVersion.class)
are newer than this "timestamp file" and if so set a property that can be used as a condition
on executing a target to re-create the ServiceVersion.java file (updating the "timestamp file"
too if a separate file is used).

+ ----
+
+ ```Question#16```
+ I'm having trouble getting a merged inline and external manifest using the 'jar' task in
ant 1.6.5. Here's a code snippet:
+
+ {{{
+ <jar destfile="${dst.file}" manifest="${manifest.file}">
+    <!-- Create standard manifest -->
+    <manifest>
+       <section name="${company.name}">
+          <attribute name="Product-Version" value="${bw.product.version}"/>
+          <attribute name="Build-Date" value="${build.timestamp}"/>
+          <attribute name="Build-Number" value="${label}"/>
+       </section>
+    </manifest>
+    <!-- Specify files to be included in the META-INF directory  -->
+    <metainf refid="metainf.fileset"/>
+    <!-- Source includes/excludes passed in from calling build file -->
+    <fileset refid="archive.fileset"/>
+ </jar>
+ }}}
+
+ What I get is just the content from ${manifest.file}. Any ideas why the nested manifest
section isn't getting merged.
+