ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Marsili <rsilis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Suppress RelaceProperties in Task
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 14:05:18 GMT
> I'm kind of reluctant to support changes in ant's language, which is
> effectively what this is. We currently have a consistent model,
> "properties get expanded in attributes". The one place that is broken
> (target depends), we get complaints. if we make it possible to bypass
> stuff, then we'd have more code to test and support, and for what -more
> inconsistency?

IMHO this is just something (3rd party) task writers would benefit from.
I don't think Ant has to support users who extend PropertyHelper and
its hooks, either. These somehow change the ant language too.

> Stick to nested text and not only do you get the behavior you want, it
> works in ant1.6

I'm happy backward compatibility isn't an issue yet for me (well, maybe I
should be sad ;).

Stefano Marsili