ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Bringing up an old issue that was never addressed: includeemptydirs on delete
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 20:48:34 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> > <delete includeemptydirs="true">
> >  <fileset dir="test">
> >    <or>
> >      <filename name="**/*.ini" />
> >      <type type="dir" />
> >    </or>
> >  </fileset>
> > </delete>
>
> That's a good solution Matt. Gets rid of test3.

If I was understanding the test2 scenario correctly,
i.e. test2 doesn't get deleted because it's not empty
until test3 is deleted for being empty, I *think* this
will work as expected in HEAD.  I did some things in
there specifically to sort directories such that
children would be encountered before their parents
IIRC.  And I seem to remember thinking that something
related to this would delete more than the current
release.

-Matt