ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: "API" (was: [VOTE] suppression of the JProbe and Metamata tasks)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:51:26 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> I assume that there are no extensions (by API programmers) of the
> Metamata and of the Sitraka JProbe tasks.
>
> To the contrary, it is possible that there are API users who use for
> instance the Project#resolveFile() methods.

Hmm, it would be nice if we actually published an API so people could
know for sure. :-) The habit of making everything public and nonfinal
and throwing all classes into one namespace (with full Javadoc) means we
are pretty limited in the kinds of refactorings we can do without
breaking unknown parties.

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com  x22801  netbeans.org  ant.apache.org