ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Where to find Icontract.jar for building ANT
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:23:42 GMT
>However we need icontract.jar. As I understand, when we run
>the build.xml , this jar is taken as input & generates
>"ant-icontract.jar". Our build is failing stating that
>"icontract.jar" is not available.

This jar is generated if the required library (icontract.jar) is
available.
If not available there are two options:
1) build an empty jar (only manifest file)
2) dont build a jar
By default the second option is done [1]. But you could overwrite that
by setting
the property 'optional.jars.whenmanifestonly' (default=skip) to 'create'
[2].

>There are some people who uses the final "ant-icontract.jar".
>So though this may be an optional feature, it is necessary.

Usually they dont. Ant loads all jars present in the lib-directory and
doesnt check
if a special file is missing.

>It would be great if someone could share a copy of
>icontract.jar and not ant-icontract.jar.

Problem of delivering software without copyrights ....
(And personally I havent one)

Jan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/build.xml
[2] http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/jar.html