ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r393996 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher.java
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:41:27 GMT
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Martijn Kruithof <jkf@apache.org> wrote:

> What's the position of other committers on this?

Joshua Bloch uses the for loop construct in "Effective Java", I think
this is where I saw it first.  Back then I decided to not pick up his
advice but keep my old while loop style for iterators.

Kev and Dominique are certainly correct when they talk about scoping -
which is the primary benefit of the for loop idiom.  But unless I have
very long methods with multiple loops I prefer to stick to the while
idiom that - at least I feel - is more readable.  If I have such long
methods I try to split them anyway 8-)

Stefan