ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: Additional SourceSafe (VSS) Tasks - Any Comments?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 05:10:09 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Kev Jackson <kevin.jackson@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:
>

>>Kevin Jackson wrote:
>>

>>>Anybody have a problem with splitting VSS off into an antlib so that
>>>people with VSS can easily add tasks etc?
>>>

>Sounds right.  For Ant 1.7 we could have a download that bundles Ant
>1.7 and the latest released version of that Antlib as well as a
>slimmed down download (and I'm with Matt, no need to stop at VSS).

I'd also think about still including the optional MSVSS tasks as part of
the download - afterall people will expect the old build files to work,
and if we remove the old tasks and just provide an antlib, then things
will break.

Would it be possible to checkin my antlib to svn?  Not sure as sandbox
or normal antlib - all operations tested pass so far.  Just worry about
losing data here (plus I've resigned so I won't have access to this
machine next month).

Kev