ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: [patch] NioFileUtils, Java6FileUtils, FileUtilsAdapter + factory, build.xml (was Re: AW: Adding a methof to StringUtils)
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:14:00 GMT

>FileUtils to select (Martijn's approach is
>ridiculously insane enough to have captured my fancy
>;) ), it must also take into account whether the
>desired classes are available, falling back to the
>basic impl. otherwise.

I'm coming round to think that Martijn's approach would be the least
disruptive to the code base - simply as the delegate approach wouldn't
mean recoding all tasks to use an interface instead of an
implementation.  This reduces the effort a lot and would make it less
likely that errors would creep in.  Definitely my +1 for the delegate
approach, +0 for the interfaces and factory approach (ie if for some
reason we can't do the delagate approach, the interfaces should be
reconsidered)

Thanks
Kev