ant-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Resources & Introspection
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:52:21 GMT
Hi,

I don't know if this is of interest, but I have made some custom tasks
and types for XSLT. (I would think these could be used to get a resource
from a jar) - for example:

- SourceType (have implemented a XmlDomType) - create a top-level DOM
(dom4j, JDOM, etc...) Document that can be used in multiple XSLT tasks.
The reason was to avoid reparsing a common XML file for multiple transforms.

- TemplatesType - create a top level Templates object that can be used
in multiple XSLT tasks. This type can also take a UriResolverType for
both the factory (resolves xsl:import/includes) and the transformer
(resolves document function calls)

- UriResolverType - can be assigned to a TemplatesType. I have
implemented a FallbackUriResolver which allows you to set a default
directory to look in first and if a file is not found, it falls back to
an alternate directory.

Additionally I have made a Lucene indexer and search type. The search
type can be assigned to a UriResolver where a can be used in the
document function (document('fieldName: matchValue')) and get search
results back as XML for use in the transform.

Of interest?

best,
-Rob