ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [patch] NioFileUtils, FileUtilsAdapter + factory (was Re: AW: Adding a methof to StringUtils)
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:01:51 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
>> I found it in Kev's (long :) mail:
>>

> Sorry it was rather long, but there were a few files packed in there!

No problem, I should have washed my glasses this morning, ...
>> Since the other impls will be conditionally compiled,
>> we should use Class.forInstance()...
>>

> ok, so we use dynamic class-loading to get the correct fileutils?  Is
> there an example in the code already of how I should do this, (like in
> the ComplilerAdapter code perhaps?)

in the RegexpFactory there is an example.
>> What would the Project reference be used for?

in the RegexpFactory, a project reference is used so that properties can
be accessed, and that the user can direct ant to use a particular
implementation.
>> Kev: your mail showed:
>>
>> public class NioFileUtils extends FileUtils implements
>> FileUtilsAdapter {...}
>>
>> public class Java6FileUtils extends FileUtils
>> implements FileUtilsAdapter {...}
>>

>> But shouldn't that actually be:
>>
>> +public class FileUtils implements FileUtilsAdapter
>> {...}
>>
>> public class NioFileUtils extends FileUtils {...}
>>
>> public class Java6FileUtils extends NioFileUtils {...}
>>

> Probably yes, I think I cobbled it together in a hap-hazard fashion -
> first the interface, then change the FileUtils etc, so I could
> probably remove the implements FileUtilsAdapter from the subclasses, I
> just wanted to make sure I wasn't 'polishing a turd', ie wasting time
> getting every little thing right, if the overall direction of the code
> was wrong.

A last thing : I think that the default buffer size (variable
TRANSFER_SIZE) should be reduced from 81920 to 32000 and should be
configurable.
I used this nio copy before, and larger transfer sizes were sometimes
creating exceptions (error messages coming from the operating system).

> Thanks for comments
> Kev

Antoine