ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject removal of classes depending upon dead third party libraries
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:12:04 GMT

I think of starting a vote soon (or maybe better 4 votes) on the removal
of the classes depending upon xslp, icontract, vaj, testlet.

Remarks, critics and suggestions about :
- whether this should happen at all,
- in terms of bylaws, would such a vote be considered a code change with
lazy approval/lazy consensus, or like adoption of a new codebase meaning
requiring 2/3 majority ?
- how to word the vote emails,
- ...
are welcome.

see this page [1] for the list of the dependencies of Ant 1.6.5

xslp : is a library containing an XML transformation engine, the site
where this transformation engine could be downloaded from no longer exists.
XSL:P : used to live at  <>, but the
link doesn't work any longer and we are not aware of a replacement site.

icontract :
see the documentation of the optional task  icontract [3]. The link  [4]
contained in this page is dead.

vaj :
see this document : [5]
I believe that IBM has replaced Visual Age for Java with WSAD since a
long time.

see this document : [6]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: