ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resources & Introspection
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:11:58 GMT
--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Matt and others,
>
> I want to change the xslt task, so that the
> stylesheet can be either a
> regular file or a zip entry (or may be even any
> resource).
>
> This brings me to point : we do not have yet a
> syntax to generate
> resources from attributes, do we ?
>
> My dream :
>
> <xslt in="somedata.xml" out="someresult.html"

styleresource="zip:file:foo/bar/my.zip!alpha/beta/style.xml"/>

No! It was my dream first and you can't have it! :)  I
agree wholeheartedly.  IIRC myself, Stefan, and
probably others took part in a discussion of this
nature some time ago... though I'm too frustrated by
my slow home internet connection to find the thread
ATM.  Maybe we can get some momentum behind this.  I
think the simplest approach would be to default to
file; but let the colon-delimited prefix represent a
defined type in the project, e.g. file, url... and
look it up.  At the time I believe I was able to
convince Stefan that this belonged in
IntrospectionHelper; sounds like you agree.

-Matt