ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [patch] NioFileUtils, Java6FileUtils, FileUtilsAdapter + factory, build.xml (was Re: AW: Adding a methof to StringUtils)
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:33:29 GMT
--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
[SNIP]

> If anyway ResourceUtils does the work now,
> ResourceUtils could test
> whether running under Java 1.4 or more and call
> NIOUtils to do the work
> happening between lines 364 to 379 of ResourceUtils
> (copying files with no filters, no bells and
> whistles).

Shouldn't we simply extend nio copy support to
ResourceUtils?  Another version-dependent delegate
could use Channels.newChannel() with the resources'
Input/OutputStreams... assuming that the
implementation is smart enough to call getChannel()
against a FileInputStream, for example.  We could test
this; if it doesn't work we can always code that
ourselves.  Could be overall worthwhile if we would
pick up performance increases on e.g. url streams...

-Matt