ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 NullPointerException AbstractFileSet and OOM error
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 04:14:52 GMT
--- Kev Jackson <kevin.jackson@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:

> Hm,
>
> In the cargo code we have:
>
> /**
>  * Remove all file in the configuration directory.
>  */
>  private void cleanConfigurationDirectory()
>  {
>      // Clean up stuff previously put in the
> temporary directory but do not
>      // remove the Cargo timestamp file
>      Delete delete = (Delete)
> getAntUtils().createAntTask("delete");
>
>      FileSet fileSet = new FileSet();
>      fileSet.setDir(getHome());
>      fileSet.createInclude().setName("**/*");
>      fileSet.createExclude().setName(".cargo");
>
>      // Ensure we really delete all files.
>      fileSet.setDefaultexcludes(false);
>
>      delete.addFileset(fileSet);
>      delete.setIncludeEmptyDirs(true);
>      delete.setFailOnError(true);
>      delete.setQuiet(false);
>
>      delete.execute();
>  }
>
> So there's no project being set here for the Delete
> task, unless
> createAntTask performs some setup magic.
>
> Matt, as you worked on the resource collections for
> the delete task, do
> you see what's missing in this code?  It certainly
> seems that from an
> API/programmer viewpoint, the changes to 1.7 are not
> bwc with code
> written for 1.6.5, but I'm not sure how to go about
> 'fixing' Delete, or
> what to suggest to the people at cargo to modify
> this code to get it to
> work with 1.7/trunk

well, obviously if I broke them it's entirely likely
they won't be alone.  Probably the easiest/most BC
thing will be some form of checking whether
(Abstract?)FileSet instances have a project set and
using the task's project if not (I think fileset
handling is separate from other ResourceCollections,
so that will work... otherwise I'll clone the
filesets).  I'll take a look in about ten hours after
I get to work.

-Matt