ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "Ant17/Planning" by SteveLoughran
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:03:00 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveLoughran:

The comment on the change is:
Look at the want list and feature scrub it

   * Xerces. We redist this, so should get a late release.
   * Xalan
-  * JUnit (stable)
+  * JUnit (stable). Stick to Junit 3.8.2; 4.0 is trouble. But we should test on it.
   * Java
  === Projects that depend upon us, and their cutoff dates ===
-  * Eclipse 3.1 in June, would need Ant1.7 Monday May 9th, 2005
-  * Net``Beans 4.x - currently no significant requirements
+  * Eclipse
+  * Net``Beans
   * IntelliJ IDEA  (5.0 expected in the summer)
   * JEdit (less tightly coupled)
  = Features =
  == ''Must Have'' Features ==
  These are the features that hold the build; fallbacks to be listed. To add something here
you must be prepared to implement it, or know someone who is. Everything needs a name.
-  * SVN support by exec [stefan] (considered done w/ svn antlib? -MJB)
-  * Local variables in macrodef
   * Fix for key IDE bugs (see eclipse, netbeans bugzillas) [all]
-  * flatten in libraries to WAR/EAR somehow (related to <libraries>) [stevel?] (libraries
status? -MJB)
   * <classloader> to allow adding of jars to the current classloader (would solve a
''lot'' of problems at the cost of some issues)
[peter] (status RE "some issues" risk? -MJB)
   * eliminate obsolete functionality depending upon dead third party libraries : vaj, xslp,
  === ''Must Have'' Features Implemented ===
   * tests for <apt>, make sure the task works properly; force fork=true.
+  * SVN support by exec [stefan] (considered done w/ svn antlib? -MJB)
+ === ''Must Have'' Features Downgraded ===
+  * Local variables in macrodef. ant-contrib <var> gives you this, though we could
make it easier to mutate properties for them.
+  * flatten in libraries to WAR/EAR somehow (related to <libraries>) [stevel?] (libraries
status? -MJB)
+    The workaround is to <copy> things; its not too hard and lets you see what you
are including.
  == ''Want'' Features ==

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: