ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Junut4 (was Re: svn commit: r381780 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW docs/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTestRunner.java src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitVersionHelper.java)
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:10:34 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> There was some discussion of junit4 implications in the ant-user mail
> list,

Ah, thanks for the pointer, missed that before. Some things I can
extract from that thread:

- ignored tests ought to be reported (currently they are just silently
skipped)

- <junit> should support specifying categories of tests

Not really clear to me at this point whether the significant features of
JUnit 4 can be accommodated comfortably inside <junit> or whether a
separate task would be better. Making a separate task may however
discourage migration. With the current patch you can at least put
junit-4.0.jar on your classpath and migrate a couple of tests to it,
without touching other tests and without touching your build script.

> What does Ant's junit task [...] does badly
>  -installation. <junit> is the first time most people encounter ant lib
> setup grief.

I guess this was fixed by my other <junit> patch a couple days ago?

> exceptions don't serialize

Throwable implements Serializable, BTW.

-J.

--