ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r384261 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/defaults.properties
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:45:57 GMT
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Now my backwards compatible task has to copy in all the well-known
> condition names.

... or extend ConditionBase, this is well known.

Still, your solution only solves part of the problem since we now have
<and> defined as a condition, but there also is a file selector by
that name (and custom file selector containers face the same problem
as custom condition containers).

I'd rather have them defined in a separate conditions antlib
descriptor as well as a separate selectors antlib descriptor and have
the user simply refere to them via namespaces.

Stefan