ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xalan2.present test broken
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 05:04:39 GMT
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> We need a test for a trax engine being around, for things like
> junitreport. But this code doesnt work
>
>      <available property="xalan2.present"
>        classname="org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl"
>        classpathref="classpath"/>
>
> Not on java1.5, even though xsltc is around.

XSLTC != Xalan2

I don't know for sure, but it is very well possible that the check
really wants Xalan2 and not an arbitrary TraX implementation.  We had
some trouble with JUnitReport because XSLTC didn't support the same
type of redirect extensions that Xalan2 supports.

Take a look at the code of JUnitReport, there are checks for Xalan2
and XSLTC.  In the later case there are two different ones since Sun
has repackaged XSLTC in JDK 1.5.

Stefan