ant-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject "No runnable method" exception during junit task with SVN HEAD and JUnit 4.
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:08:08 GMT
The logging-log4j-tests gump build had been failing for the last
several days with:

     [junit] Testcase: org.apache.log4j.CoreTestSuite took 0.004 sec
     [junit]     Caused an ERROR
     [junit] No runnable methods
     [junit] java.lang.Exception: No runnable method

That problem has been temporarily hidden by changing the Gump
descriptor to force use of Junit 3.  The test causing the failure is
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/trunk/tests/src/java/
org/apache/log4j/CoreTestSuite.java.

On Mar 15, 2006 in general@gump.apache.org, at 12:59 PM, Bill Barker
wrote

> From your commit messages, I believe that it's the same Ant bug
> that was
> killing commons-collections last week.  The short version is that
> when Ant
> auto-detects JUnit-4, it doesn't look for the static suite()
> method, and
> just assumes that you've defined all of your tests with Annotations.

could not find this particular issue being raised.  Is this a known
issue, is there an associated bug and is there a schedule to remedy
it?  I had raised the issue on the junit-devel and they were not
familiar with it.