ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject <javac> on java1.5
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:05:36 GMT

Now that Gump has switched to java1.5, its showing up some problems in
javac.

Specifically, it appears to be defaulting to source=1.5

This breaks junit addons

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/junit-addons/junit-addons/gump_work/build_junit-addons_junit-addons.html

I checked out the source in CVS; they are not saying source="1.5"; they
are not saying anything about the source version. Yet javac has switched
to java1.5. This is breaking backwards compatibility for builds.

Also, <javac> shouldnt warn people about source=1.2 on every compile:

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/emma/emma/gump_work/build_emma_emma.html

  Once per build should suffice. Maybe we could set an internal property
_internal.warned.user.about.target that only triggers a warn when it
aint set.