ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom task and type documentation revisited
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:59:14 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
> I'm doing my annual cpptasks (http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net)
> cleaning and expect to be producing long overdue release shortly and
> hopefully additional releases at more reasonable intervals.  The current
> cpptasks build uses tools from the proposals/xdocs to generate raw
> documentation from Javadoc comments in the source code which is then
> modified to create the product documentation.  I remember it as a
> fragile and complicated process and failed at my first half-hearted
> attempt to regenerate the documentation recently.  While I expect that I
> could eventually get it back working again, I was wondering if something
> new and better had come along for generating task documentation.  If
> not, I'd still be tempted to migrate to javadoc + some doclet + XSLT to
> generate the documentation.

Not yet curt, but if you could help us set something up, that would be
great. And yes, documenting external tasks is something we'd want as a
use case

At the bottom of this build file is how I patch in to the xdocs stuff
from my external things

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/smartfrog/core/extras/ant/build.xml?view=markup