ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kasmeroglu <Daniel.Kasmero...@Kasisoft.net>
Subject JUnitTask - Question
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:10:21 GMT
Hi there, I'm using the JUnitTask by API calls so this is what
I'm currently doing:

  JUnitTask task = (JUnitTask) getProject().createTask("junit");
  task.setFork(true);
  task.addTest(...);

The problem with this sequence is that it's not working
because the 'setFork()' method will not be propagated to the
tests since there's no test available when 'setFork' is
called. Generally this is okay for ANT because it seems that
ANT creates the child-elements before setting the attributes,
so this won't produce an error (correct me if I'm wrong).
But I would like to know if this is part of ANT's design
so a developer must take this into account when the API is
used directly or is it just an unproper way of implementation
within the JUnitTask ?
Of course it's not hard to solve this problem in my situation
but I haven't found any notice about this within the documentation
so I'm hoping for some useful information regarding this case.

Ciao
Kasimir