ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r384261 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/defaults.properties
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:32:22 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Now my backwards compatible task has to copy in all the well-known
>> condition names.
>
> ... or extend ConditionBase, this is well known.

yes, and then you encounter the problem that you can't directly insert
into sequences without using the adaptor.

> Still, your solution only solves part of the problem since we now have
> <and> defined as a condition, but there also is a file selector by
> that name (and custom file selector containers face the same problem
> as custom condition containers).
>
> I'd rather have them defined in a separate conditions antlib
> descriptor as well as a separate selectors antlib descriptor and have
> the user simply refere to them via namespaces.

That we could do, yes indeed. Just stick them in conditions/antlib.xml

I could put everything in there, even the ones that were added in
defaults.properties for ant1.7. That would just leave the 1.6-era
conditions in defaults.properties.