ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: sending patches
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:01:18 GMT
Jon Skeet wrote:

>>I'd like to submit a patch to add some functionality in
>>zip-based tasks.
>>Can someone please point me to the right procedure for doing this?
>>

>I'd personally suggest opening a feature request and including the patch
>in that. However, the Ant dev team may well have different ideas :)

For a new feature/enhancement request opening a report on Bugzilla would
be best.  If you'd like to discuss the features that you would like
included (that your patch contributes), then this mailing list is a good
place to chat in (kinda lost the plot with that sentence...)

>http://subversion.tigris.org - Command line tools
>http://subclipse.tigris.org - Eclipse plugin
>http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org - Windows Explorer plugin

All good - subclipse plugin sometimes gets a bit flaky on what has
changed etc (at least Eclipse 3.1/Subclipse does)

>(Subversion's lovely, by the way. I've only been using it for a month,
>but compared with VSS it's a dream. Admittedly most things are a dream
>compared with VSS...)

Indeed - rubbing ground glass into your eyeballs is actually better than
VSS, but I've just come across an Oracle problem (ODBC + InstantClient)
that seems to be violently opposed to user happiness - so perhaps VSS
isn't as bad as Oracle.

Kev