ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: Junut4
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:42:39 GMT

>+1 for a separate task, packaged in an Ant library.  This one could be
>release before Ant 1.7.0 which would give people using JUnit4 more
>support sooner.
>
>Personally I'd even prefer the JUnit team to provide that Ant library
>so they have to keep up with their API changes themselves 8-)

That would certainly be optimal.  (+1 for seperate task)

With this addition to Ant 1.7 code base, we now have code that relies on
jdk1.5 to build correctly (or will it build on <1.4?).  If this is the
case, is there perhaps a case for moving some of the codebase forward
from pre 1.2?  I know that these changes are only in one of the tasks
(and an optional one at that), but I think it's time to look at
deprecating 1.1.8 support and at least move the core up to 1.2 standard
(with Collections etc).

Thoughts?

Also - it'd be good to have <junit> as the old task and <junut> as the
new task ;) [see subject...]

Kev