ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Horaci Macias" <hmac...@ubiquitysoftware.com>
Subject RE: sending patches
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:06:51 GMT
thanks for the replies, I'll go and file a bugzilla report for this.

As for the feature I'm proposing, it's far from rocket science. It's basically a "true" update
of existing zip entries (as oposed to the current logic which will only update if the entry
is older than whatever you're trying to put in the zip). Please shout if my understanding
is wrong, but after many tests & debugging I think this is what's happening.

I've modified the code locally so that <zip> and all its subtasks can take duplicate="overwrite"
(in addition to "add", "preserve" and "fail") and it looks like I have what I want now.

thank you,

Horaci

-----Original Message-----
From: Kev Jackson [mailto:kevin.jackson@it.fts-vn.com]
Sent: 09 March 2006 12:01
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: sending patches

Jon Skeet wrote:

>>I'd like to submit a patch to add some functionality in
>>zip-based tasks.
>>Can someone please point me to the right procedure for doing this?
>>

>I'd personally suggest opening a feature request and including the patch
>in that. However, the Ant dev team may well have different ideas :)

For a new feature/enhancement request opening a report on Bugzilla would
be best.  If you'd like to discuss the features that you would like
included (that your patch contributes), then this mailing list is a good
place to chat in (kinda lost the plot with that sentence...)

>http://subversion.tigris.org - Command line tools
>http://subclipse.tigris.org - Eclipse plugin
>http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org - Windows Explorer plugin

All good - subclipse plugin sometimes gets a bit flaky on what has
changed etc (at least Eclipse 3.1/Subclipse does)

>(Subversion's lovely, by the way. I've only been using it for a month,
>but compared with VSS it's a dream. Admittedly most things are a dream
>compared with VSS...)

Indeed - rubbing ground glass into your eyeballs is actually better than
VSS, but I've just come across an Oracle problem (ODBC + InstantClient)
that seems to be violently opposed to user happiness - so perhaps VSS
isn't as bad as Oracle.

Kev

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized
use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly
agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication
shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.