ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Davis <nick_home_acco...@yahoo.com>
Subject best approach for a custom task?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:30:19 GMT

I don’t monitor this newsgroup, so I am not sure if
the question is appropriate for it.  I apologize if it
is inappropriate.

I’m creating a few ANT tasks that I would like to use
to modify the contents of text files.

I thought I would create one task that would contain
the other tasks.  That task would accept a fileset,
run the other task for each file.

For example:
<my_macro>
    <fileset dir="${project-dir}">
        <include name="/**/*.txt"/>
    </fileset>
    <setPosition position=”5” />
    <insertText text=”HEADER: ” />
    <insertText text=”${currentDate}” />
</my_macro>

But I believe I would have to declare each subtask, so
I wouldn’t be able to easily add the core tasks.

Is there a better approach?

Any help you could provide me would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Nick