ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FTP to MVS host
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:20:52 GMT
--- Henrik Sorensen <henrik.sorensen@balcab.ch> wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
>
> Reading it ... ... no, open bugs with FTP and MVS as
> search keys.
>
> So is the process to open a bug report, even for
> discussions of generic
> nature, like how to implement a different kind of
> remote file system?
>
> Lots of the problem arises from the fact that the
> MVS file system is not a
> hierarchical filesystem.
>
> Currently I just trying to make it work by hacking
> the places where it breaks,
> but a proper modelling of the remote or server
> filesystem should be done.
>
> Also, the file name parser is really from the apache
> commons net project, but
> is of course heavily used by the ant FTP task.

Here, you should open a bug with commons-net.  If the
changes to make the Ant FTP task work rely on these,
you wouldn't want to put the cart before the horse, so
to speak.  Fortunately Steve Cohen is a committer on
both projects and tends to handle commons-net Ant
integration issues.

HTH,
Matt

[SNIP]