ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TaskAdapting something that extends WaitFor
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:21:21 GMT
How are you invoking it?

--- Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> I spent yesterday refactoring my (work) code that
> delegated to WaitFor
> to extend it, and to use the TaskAdaptor to adapt
> it.
>
> Only now, the extended task doesnt run. It gets
> created, it gets
> configured, but its execute() method never gets
> called, and neither does
> that of WaitFor(). I can be 100% sure of this,
> because it throws an
> exception when run: that exception is never raised.
>

>      public void execute() throws BuildException {
>          if(true) {
>              throw new BuildException("in
> setproject");
>          }
>          ProjectHelper helper = new
> ProjectHelper(getProject());
>
>          if(timeoutProperty==null) {
>              String property;
>              property =
> helper.createUniquePropertyName();
>              setTimeoutProperty(property);
>          }
>          log("About to wait for "+timeoutProperty+";
> setting property
> "+timeoutProperty);
>          super.execute();
>
> if(getProject().getProperty(timeoutProperty)!=null)
> {
>              throw new BuildException(message);
>          }
>      }
>
> this exception is never thrown. Nor is the parent
> class called; I've
> added some debug statements to WaitFor to be sure of
> that.
>
> I can hypothesise two causes
> -its a consequence of subclassing something that
> already has an
> execute() method.
> -Somehow ant thinks it is a datatype, not a task.
>
> when I throw a fault in setProject, this is the
> stack trace.
>
> 	at

org.smartfrog.tools.ant.FaultingWaitForTask.setProject(FaultingWaitForTask.java:83)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.Project.setProjectReference(Project.java:2179)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.innerCreateAndSet(AntTypeDefinition.java:313)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.createAndSet(AntTypeDefinition.java:255)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.icreate(AntTypeDefinition.java:200)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.create(AntTypeDefinition.java:187)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.ComponentHelper.createComponent(ComponentHelper.java:239)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.ComponentHelper.createComponent(ComponentHelper.java:216)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.makeObject(UnknownElement.java:400)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.maybeConfigure(UnknownElement.java:158)