ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r377942 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Javadoc.java
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:26:03 GMT
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stefan, this one is a weird situation IMHO.... I'm not
> sure where Javadoc was complaining, but the way the
> tests were structured, they were looking at
> "src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/javadoc/java" as the
> source directory, while the test Java file there was
> in the package etc.testcases.taskdefs.javadoc.java,
> making its true source directory "src".

I know, I just copied the tests from the bug report and had to modify
them right from the start since the original poster doesn't understand
(or is not interested in) the difference between srcpath and srcfiles
in the case of javadoc.

I wanted to clean stuff up once I'm done (need to find a full hour
with no interruptions, sorry).

> But this doesn't _really_ test the package "*" functionality;

Oh, this is a different issue I'm going to raise in a separate thread
(one day ...).  It seems as if the packagenames attribute is (and
always has been) required unless you use srcfiles but neither the docs
nor the code say so.

> we may need to place an actual package structure beneath
> javadoc/java to (a) keep it self-contained and (b) test adequately.

I agree.

Stefan