ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by MattBenson
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:34:20 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MattBenson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies

  I cannot make a case specifically about the above question as I did not submit the question
however I do have an interest in having a fileset sort files. The case is for using a fileset
to determine the order of JUnits tests to execute.  It would allow for a flow based on package
name where we could have a setup package, a test package and a teardown package.  These JUnits
would not be typical unit tests but rather integration tests.

+ '''Answer #6 followup #2''' - Those needing this functionality should be pleased to know
that Ant 1.7 will support a new concept--ResourceCollection--an interface which exposes objects
of the existing Ant filelike-type Resource. Fileset, Dirset, Filelist, Path, etc. all implement
this new interface. One of the new ResourceCollection implementations is the <sort>
collection, which can sort resources according to their natural order, or by one or a combination
of ResourceComparators. Several of these have been predefined; however a user can custom-implement
and <typedef> his or her own ResourceComparator as well.
+
+
+
  ----
   ```Question#7``` How to have new .java files override existing .class files?