ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL task testing and gump
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 04:51:03 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Kev Jackson <kevin.jackson@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:

> Derby is mostly interesting as the syntax is (almost exactly) the
> same as DB2, so essentially you get to kill two birds with one stone
> (syntax tests wise anyway).  Hope that translates to non-native
> English ant people :).

Germans would slay two flies with one hit (actually with one "Klappe"
but I don't manage to translate "Fliegenklatsche" right now).

> My only problem with it was that the db engine itself is an apache
> licensed download from apache.org, but the jdbc driver (last time I
> played with it) was only available from IBM (requiring registration
> to login and download) - can't get to the website to check right now
> if the jdbc driver is available direct from apache yet.

Licenses are not a problem at all in this scenario.  License is only
important if we'd distribute the JDBC driver or if our code was
dependent on the JDBC driver and the driver used some kind of viral
licensing.

Stefan