ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java6-rc Ant bootstraps fine
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 05:06:23 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> One caveat: would we really want to ship ant built with a prerelease
> runtime? It's that or reflection time.

It would only be yet another runtime to compile against.

Our releases traditionally involve compiling against more than one (to
avoid picking up the wrong signatures of class library classes during
compilation).  Something like compile against 1.2, after that 1.4,
after that 1.5 and now 1.6.  Only the 1.6 specific classes would get
compiled by a prerelease then.

IIRC we added 1.5 specific features when the first betas became
available.

Stefan