ant-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject <signjar> and exit code 128
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:38:15 GMT
Hi,

I've been having problems with the signjar task occasionally failing
with "exec returned: 128" for a long time now.  The problem isn't always
reproducible and often disappears by simply cleaning the build area and
starting again; sometimes this technique doesn't work though.

I checked the jarsigner sources and they simply have exit codes of 0 and
1 to indicate success and failure, so jarsigner is presumably not to
blame.  From a little googling it looks like this might be a cmd.exe
issue as there is a generic Windows error message associated with 128
that seems relevant:

   C:\>net helpmsg 128

   There are no child processes to wait for.

I'm guessing this means that the jarsigner.exe is completing really
quickly, although I suppose it could mean that it wasn't launched at
all.  I'd really like to get this problem solved as it would make our
build server that bit more reliable.

Has anyone else seen this sort of thing happening before? any
recommended solutions? do I just add an ignoreexitcode128 attribute to
the signjar/exectask?

Thanks in advance,

Rob