ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java6-rc Ant bootstraps fine
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:04:47 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

>> Steve Loughran wrote:

>>> wow, that's progress
>>>
>>> -what XML/XSD/Xpath engines do they ship with?
>>>

>> Sorry for the big emails/attachments (I hope they come through)
>>
> well they didn't (damn)
>
> It looks like sun ship a SAX parser, an XPath implementation, and an
> Apache group of tools (Xalan, Xerces) and interestingly regexp (shrug)

In java5 they repackaged the apache stuff so that your own version of
xerces/xalan didnt conflict with the endorsed stuff; I think that
continues, because ant picked up its local xerces distro.

We dont do any checks in -diagnostics to see what xsl/xpath engine is
around...I think we could consider that.

-steve