ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r371555 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional/antlr/antlr.xml testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ANTLRTest.java
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:00:46 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> Okay, looks like test-ant and test-ant-no-xerces both
> pass now in Gump.  Hooray for me.  Now, since I'm
> really not that XML-savvy at the end of the day, do
> smarter heads than mine think it is possible to make
> things like entity includes work under crimson or are
> we best off as we are, tests disabled?
>
> -Matt

I dont see any point investing any effort in making ant work under
crimson. Not any more. We redist with Xerces, we can deny support for
older things. Indeed, we could check and complain about crimson early
on, perhaps.

The sole reason for crimson support is someone embedding ant in their
app, and not using xerces there. I leave it to them to identify the
problems and work around it.

-steve