ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem: Ant's SQL task does not support copy via indirection
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:23:21 GMT

On 3 Jan 2006, at 12:19, VGupta wrote:

> If the sql file contains data to be loaded in the following format
>
>   COPY bcd  (PolicySymbol, StateCode, SqlTable, CallType, SubType,
> FieldIdentifier, TagName) FROM stdin;
> PAC $$ AGR_ST_COV RATE/AUDIT  MOD_FACTOR4 PRICING TIER
> PAC $$ AGR_ST_COV RATE/AUDIT  MOD_FACTOR5 CAPPING FACTOR
>
>   The above call to sql task would hang as there is ome problem
> with the sql task.
>   (I think ant tasks expects sql statements and does not support
> copy via redirection to stdin.)
>
>   Can anybody please suggest me some way of loading this sql file
> on a database server which is running on a remote machine.

What syntax is that?  It looks like some product specific thing (like
SQL Loader or equivalent).  If you want to execute a command on the
remote server, something like the exec task may be of more use.
There is also an FTP task for moving files to the remote server.

More information about what you are trying to achieve would help us
narrow down the options.  Maybe Ant isn't the appropriate tool for
what you are trying to do.

Kev

--
"Government is begotten of aggression, by aggression" - Herbert Spencer