ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <>
Subject Re: URI encoding ...
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:34:13 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> I have checked in some code lately related to URI encoding and decoding.

BTW should use and File.toURI and new File(URI) when
running on JDK 1.4+. I have an old outstanding bug for this, needs to be

> One bug report was about the impossibility to load properly a jar file
> having in his manifest a Class-Path attribute pointing to another jar
> file in a subdir, when the main jar file is in a directory containing
> spaces.

Note that a relative path in Class-Path is really a URI and must be
encoded. E.g.

Class-Path: some%20other%20lib.jar

> The other bug report was about entities not found when processing with
> <xslt/> an XML document located in a non ascii path and referring to
> entities in the same directory.

May be completely unrelated, but I recently found a JDK bug sounding
very similar to this:

> Now I am testing manifestclasspath. I tested it with änt (a umlaut nt,
> or &#227;) . this works. Now with a directory bearing a hebrew name (iom
> = &#1501;&#1493;&#1497; ) it does not work.

Just a guess: maybe you forgot to encode in UTF-8 before encoding to %xx
octets? That could cause problems for non-ISO-8859-1 text.

--  x22801

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message